Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Vegetarian Dinner

This is what happens when you join a CSA and you get inundated with veggies: You suddenly become a vegetarian. Tonight for dinner was palaak paneer and a summer squash recipe. I must say, we were pleasantly surprised by the squash. "Bob" adapted the recipe and it turned out great. We finally used up the red pepper that was looking rather sad in the crisper (I moved it there four days ago as a last ditch effort to prolong its usability). We also used some canned tomatoes (peeled Italian) instead of fresh, and substituted the cheese they recommended with the Parmesean we had on hand. The results were outstanding. I didn't expect to like squash this much. Luckily I enjoyed it so much since I'm having it for lunch tomorrow.

We also had the palaak paneer with brown rice (to avoid "Bob's" disappointment as discussed here). It was good but not as good as that first batch. I might be because I used baby spinach the first time around. This bunch tasted more strongly of spinach and was less sweet. It was still good, but it wasn't great.

No comments: