Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Quickies: i.e., Post and Meals

Monday night we had the panini with dill potato salad, just as planned. Last night (Tuesday, just in case you lost track) I had a banana and two rice cakes with SunButter (a great peanut butter alternative for those who have family members with peanut allergies, as I do). Then, I promptly fell asleep.

Dill Potato Salad
Serves 6

5 potatoes
1/2 white onion
1 carrot
Kosher salt (to taste)
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup dill (not tightly packed)
Splash Of white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon course grain dijon mustard
1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise

Directions
1. Peel and cube potatoes, dice onion, mince dill and grate carrots.
2. Cook potatoes until soft, drain and cool.
3. Combine all ingredients and mix.

NOTE: Clearly I haven't been posting nutritional information. Perhaps one day when I have a bit more time. And after typing up this recipe, I realized that those slackers at Hellmann's still have not answered my follow-up question regarding their reduced fat/low fat mayo.

No comments: