Sunday, August 24, 2008

Menu a la Week: 8/24/08 - 8/30/08

I'll be making pickles again tonight. That'll finish off the cucumbers, and some dill I had tucked away in a Pyrex dish lined with paper towel. Tonight's stir fry should finish up most of the vegetables.

Some other weekend updates...The compost bins are looking good. Still no homemade soil but I think the first barrel is getting there (left) and the second barrel is still relatively new:

The tomatoes are also looking great. The romas are much more abundant than the Rutgers. According to my friend Louise, I was supposed to pinch them back; if I had, I'd probably have a lot more tomatoes on the way. Now the Rutgers plants are bushy, instead of fruit laden. Luckily I planted two of them.

Menu 8/22/08 - 8/30/08
Sunday August 22, 2008
Vegetable stir fry with lime-hoisin sauce over brown rice

Monday August 23, 2008
Soup du jour with slaw (cabbage, fresh fennel, and carrot)

Tuesday August 24, 2008
Tuna salad sandwiches and salad

Wednesday August 25, 2008
Chicken pot pie and salad

Thursday August 26, 2008
Soup du jour and salad or sandwich

No comments: