Saturday, June 7, 2008

Menu a la Week: 6/7/08 - 6/13/08

Deviating from the usual plan, we have three or four new meals planned for this week (instead of the usual two to three). Today, spinach pie. With it, I plan to use up some ingredients that have been in the refrigerator for a while: the chopped onions I had left over from the turkey meatloaf, scallions from the mashed potatoes, fresh baby spinach that we haven't used yet, and the heavy cream I had laying around from the asparagus soup recipe.

The one big puzzle: What to do with the "fri-ta-toe" in the fridge from Wednesday and a bunch of smashed potatoes. That'll have to be tomorrow's lunch or I'll have to use the potatoes with the turkey sausage instead of pasta. I wish I had frozen some of the potatoes, but I had no idea that the smashed would stretch so far. That's a good lesson: If in doubt, freeze. It doesn't hurt to have a backlog of meals in the refrigerator, especially during the summer when hot days and the opportunities for fun abound.

Menu 6/7/08 - 6/13/08
Saturday June 7, 2008
Spinach pie

Sunday June 8, 2008
Turkey sausage with pasta

Monday June 9, 2008
Soup of the week and bread

Tuesday June 10, 2008
Turkey sausage with pasta

Wednesday June 11, 2008
Spinach pie and salad

Thursday June 12, 2008
Soup of the week with salad

Friday June 13, 2008
Fish day: Tuna wraps or other fresh fish

No comments: