Saturday, May 31, 2008

Menu a la Week: 5/31/08 - 6/6/08

Menu planning has got to be the hardest part of this whole enterprise. Okay, it's the menu planning and calculating the nutrition information (which, I know, I still haven't done for a good number of this past week's recipes) that stretch my brain a bit. Anyhow, here's the menu for the cooking week starting today, Saturday 5/31/08 and ending Friday 6/6/08. I reserve the right to switch around the appearance of any of the meals based on the week's activities and our mood (so just try and hold me to it!).

Dinner for tonight, Saturday, was just a bunch of snacks. Normally I would cook dinner (it should've been turkey meatloaf on Saturday and roast chicken on Sunday), but a lot's been going on, so considering my mindset, toast and tea seemed like a good dinner to me (neither of us was very hungry). I made the meatloaf, we just didn't eat it. So it's ready to go for dinner later this week.

Menu 5/31/08 - 6/6/08
Saturday May 31, 2008
Turkey meatloaf [prepared]

Sunday June 1, 2008
Roast chicken
Smashed potatoes
Asparagus

Monday, June 2, 2008
Turkey meatloaf
Brown rice
Spinach

Tuesday June 3, 2008
Asparagus Soup
Salad

Wednesday June 4, 2008
Chicken-Spinach-Rice "Casserole"

Thursday June 5, 2008
Turkey meatloaf sandwich
Fried potato cake (aka "fri-ta-toe")

Friday June 6, 2008
Prosciutto pasta (or some other quickie meal)

No comments: