Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fishs Eddy Expedition

Since the chicken pot pie we ate tonight was only "individual size" in name only, I went to Fishs Eddy at lunch today in search of true single-serve ovenware for baking future pot pies. At this very quirky housewares store, I bought six dishes: four (two oval-shaped bakers with tab handles and a set of two smaller oval dishes without any handles) were made by Hall ($2.99 each), and the other two (round with tab handles) were from Syracuse China ($4.99 each). The store didn't have many of the Syracuse dishes left (there were only a few marked up ones remaining), which means, given my luck, those will probably work the best for my pot pies. Feeling guilty about the number of paper cups I use for coffee at work each day, I also bought a large "notebook" design mug. Visit Fishs Eddy at 19th and Broadway for all sorts of interesting dishes and glassware or online at http://www.fishseddy.com/.

One last note: I haven't been including the nutrition information for the last few recipes I've posted. It takes time to calculate that information, so it will be posted later this week when I have a bit more time.

No comments: