Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Asparagus Again and Again

But of course we're having asparagus again! I love love love love love asparagus. I used to hate it, but that's because when I was little, my mom used to always make the canned soggy stuff. This spring, I can't get enough of it.

With our secret weapon for work-week meals (soup), dinner only took about 10 to 15 minutes to prepare. That included a fresh salad from scratch.

Tonight's dinner: asparagus soup (reheated), green salad (green leaf lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, and celery) with homemade mustard vinaigrette, and a few leftover pieces of last night's potatoes (also reheated). A nice light meal for a warm spring night.

I'll post the mustard vinaigrette recipe at some later date. This vinaigrette was a bit of a rush job. I was trying to use up the rest of the dijon mustard so I didn't measure any of the ingredients: I just poured them into the mustard bottle. That's a great time saver—unless you're trying to recreate a recipe. And, of course, this last batch was the best-tasting mustard vinaigrette I've ever made. I think it was heavy on the mustard, which might've made all the difference.

No comments: