Saturday, November 22, 2008

Psyche!

I'm back! I realized that this blog added more to our lives than it subtracted from my time or impinged on other activities. So, this time, I'll try and inject some sanity into my blogging (specifically, imposing some limits on time and effort expended), while extracting all the benefits. And what are the benefits of this crazy, little-read blog?

1. We waste less food because we plan our meals
2. There's a record of our recipes
3. I can easily share recipes/home stuff with friends and colleagues
4. Lots of what I do is experimental, and not reporting on the results is a bit of a bummer (what, no archived records? The meal might as well not have even happened!)
5. I use my camera more
6. I remember to keep up with some new interesting activities (like composting, etc.)

So, expect more posts. I'll also find some way of archiving the recipes easily. (Linking to a recipe from another source is really easy, but what if the site disappears or the link goes dead?)

Expect a new Menu a la Week by tomorrow (Sunday) and some recipes during the week, plus some new links (like the very unappetizingly named FatSecret). As for that compost pile? STILL no compost! I must be layering all wrong.

No comments: