Monday, January 19, 2009

Before I Forget

I keep meaning to write down my balsamic dressing recipe and I always forget to do it, mainly because I'm a bit unsure of all the proportions. I do a lot of "eyeballing" with this dressing.

Tonight I tried to pay attention and measure out the amounts. Basically it's 1 part vinegar to 2 parts olive oil. The rest is a bit dicier. Case in point: After adding too much mustard, I had to double the recipe to compensate for overdoing it with that particular ingredient.

Of note: One of "Bob's" Christmas gifts was an immersion blender. What ever did we do before they were invented?

Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serves: Quite a lot

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
1 -1.5 tsp dijon mustard (Maille preferably)
4 Tbsp. honey (approximately)
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
1. Combine and blend all ingredients except for olive oil.
2. Stream in olive oil while blending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, an immersion blender is indeed a wonderful thing. Especially for soups.